It’s officially pumpkin season and chances are, as a busy parent, you’re looking for easy pumpkin recipes with few ingredients. Whether you use it fresh or a canned pureed, pumpkin (a vegetable) is a superfood for kids and has a ton of surprising health benefits.
The other great thing about pumpkin is there are so many ways to serve it to your kids—other than plain ‘ol pumpkin pie.
From pumpkin cookies, bars, and other desserts, to soups and dips, there are a ton of easy pumpkin recipes with few ingredients—so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family decorating pumpkins, going apple picking, or enjoying a fall festival. Here’s a round-up of my favorite pumpkin recipes that are quick, easy, and call for a handful of simple ingredients.
EASIEST PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES
One of the best ways to enjoy pumpkin is by serving it up as an after-dinner treat and these pumpkin dessert recipes are the perfect choice.
1. Pumpkin Brownies (Super Easy Fall Dessert Recipe) — from The Cookie Rookie
2. Pumpkin Dump Cake — from Cookies & Cups
3. No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bites — from Laura Fuentes
4. Pumpkin Pie Parfaits — from Weelicious
5. Pumpkin Cream Sandwiches — from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
6. The Best Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls — from Averie Cooks
7. Sweet Pumpkin Smoothie — from Super Healthy Kids
EASY PUMPKIN COOKIE RECIPES
Give your kids a boost of nutrition with these easy pumpkin cookie recipes.
8. 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies —from Six Sisters’ Stuff
9. Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies — from Sally’s Baking Addiction
10. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles — from Live Well Bake Often
11. Soft Pumpkin Cookies — from Lovely Little Kitchen
12. Healthy Pumpkin Oat Cookies — from Running On Real Food
EASY PUMPKIN BARS RECIPES
13. The Best Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting — from I Heart Naptime
14. Easy Pumpkin Bars — from Feel Good Foodie
15. Healthy Pumpkin Bars Recipe With Oatmeal — from Yummy Toddler Food
16. Flourless Pumpkin Bars — from Detoxinista
17. Vegan Pumpkin Protein Bars — from Eating Bird Food
EASY PUMPKIN PANCAKE RECIPES
There’s nothing that says autumn quite like a stack of pumpkin pancakes on Sunday morning.
Related: 25 Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Kids
18. Four Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes — from Slender Kitchen
19. Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes — from Inspired Taste
20. Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes — from Cookie + Kate
21. Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes — from Love & Lemons
22. Pumpkin Pancakes — from Lil’ Luna
EASY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPES
On cool, autumn nights, there’s nothing better than a warm bowl of savory pumpkin soup. Whether you keep it simple with only pumpkin, or add yummy extras like pasta, beans, or pumpkin seeds, these easy pumpkin recipes will make pulling together dinner a breeze.
23. Simple Pumpkin Soup — from Minimalist Baker
24. Easy Pumpkin Soup — from The Salty Marshmallow
25. Pumpkin Soup — from Spend With Pennies
26. Italian Pumpkin and Kale Chicken Noodle Soup With Fontina Toast — from Half Baked Harvest
27. Pumpkin and Lentil Soup — from Salt & Lavender
28. Pumpkin Cheese Soup With Garlic Basil Cheese Crisps — from Tara’s Multicultural Table
NEED EASY PUMPKIN RECIPES WITH FEW INGREDIENTS? TRY A PUMPKIN DIP
Kids love dips and serving them up is one of the best ways to encourage them to eat their vegetables. Also, when it comes to easy pumpkin recipes with few ingredients, it doesn’t get any easier than dip.
29. 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Puree Spice Dip — from Bite Sized Kitchen
30. Pumpkin Dip — from Fresh April Flours
31. Pumpkin Pie Dip — from Skinnytaste