Hi! I’m Julie, mom to Gabriella (8) and Iliana (6), two little foodies who inspire me everyday.
I launched this site in 2017 to help busy moms like you learn how to raise healthy, adventurous eaters who not only accept but crave real, healthy foods—without begging, bribing, negotiating, sneaky tactics or making food into art projects, or having to pour yourself a glass of wine every night!
Whether you struggle to get your kid to eat anything green, or anything at all, you’ll feel right at home here.
Since you found me, I bet you care a lot about your kid’s health and want to serve up healthy, nutritious food each and every day.
- You try to serve healthy food but your kid doesn’t like the taste of healthy food.
- Your kid’s picky eater behaviors make mealtimes stressful.
- Your kid comes home with food in his lunch box.
- You want to serve healthy, delicious meals but you don’t have enough time.
- You’re ready to give up on this whole healthy eating thing and call out for take-out.
It doesn’t matter if you work full-time, part-time, or not at all, you’re a busy mom who’s trying to manage your family, your household, and your long list of to-do’s.
Without much time to fit in a workout, see friends, have a date night or take time for yourself, spending hours looking for simple, effective strategies to get your kids to eat healthy is out of the question.
As a mom with two young kids, I’ve got the same so-much-to-do-without-enough-hours-in-the-day life.
But what I know for sure is that you’re a smart, strong, fearless, not-ok-with-the-status-quo kind a mom:
- You have the desire, the drive, the strength and the fierceness only moms have to change the way your kids eat. With my help, I’ll show you how!
- You want parenting to be less stressful and enjoyable, especially when you sit down at the dinner table.
- You’re committed to end this picky eating business for good.
- You want to raise kids who have healthy eating habits and a healthy relationship with food.
- You want your kid to be healthy now and throughout his life.
If you love real food and need simple, stress-free ways to feed your kids, I’ve got you covered.
Here you’ll find science-based expert insight and easy, real-life strategies that work for your busy life.
You’ll get access to:
- The latest research, recommendations and guidelines on kids’ nutrition.
- Inspiration for healthy meals and snacks.
- Easy, real-life methods that have helped me raise kids who ask for broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and lentils!
- Time-saving hacks to get healthy meals on the table in no time.
I’m Julie Revelant and I’m passionate about helping parents raise healthy, adventurous eaters!
When my first child was an infant, I started to make homemade baby food using the amazing recipes in The Baby and Toddler Cookbook.
As I started to introduce new exciting flavors, tastes and textures, I realized that not only was serving healthy meals one of my biggest responsibilities as a parent, but what I fed her from the start could set the stage for healthy eating habits throughout her life.
With both of my children, I was amazed that they preferred fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods and devoured almost everything with gusto!
As I learned more about functional medicine and how food can prevent, reverse and treat disease and dysfunction, I became even more passionate about teaching parents how to raise healthy eaters.
Mealtimes in our home aren’t perfect and my kids can be picky just like every other kid, but they also prefer green salads, lentils and sardines—seriously!
The truth is that rates of childhood obesity, type-2 diabetes and other chronic health conditions are on the rise, and we need to do something about it now if we want our kids to live long, healthy and happy lives.
Despite what you may think about feeding kids, I want you to know that it is possible for kids to accept and love healthy food and mealtimes don’t have to be a battle!
Where You’ve Seen Me
As a health journalist, I’ve written hundreds of stories about pregnancy, postpartum, maternal and children’s health and nutrition. For 5+ years, I wrote Healthy Mama for FoxNews.com. My work has also appeared in FIRST for Women and Woman’s World magazines, on WhatToExpect.com, EverydayHealth.com, RD.com, Prevention.com, TheBump.com, Care.com and Babble.com.
And for fun, some random facts about me…
- I was a picky eater as a kid. My favorite meal? Italian bread and butter—now I’m gluten-free.
- When I’m not writing, I spend my time batch cooking vegetables, baking bread and making healthier versions of snacks for my kids.
- I’m a healthy school lunch advocate.
- I’m obsessed with LesMills’ BodyCombat.
- I enjoy a glass of Moscato and anything with chocolate.
- I’m an Italian-American who was born in the Bronx and raised in the city still trying to adapt to small-town living in Connecticut 8 years later.
Now that you know a little bit about me, I look forward to giving you the insight, advice and support you need to raise kids who are healthy, adventurous eaters! Be sure to sign up for my email list community and get the latest updates!