Summer is in full swing, but with most camps closed and the kids at home, there’s no doubt yours are constantly asking, can I have a snack? So if you’re looking for some healthy summer snacks that you can pull together in minutes, I’ve got you covered today.
TIPS FOR HEALTHY SUMMER SNACKS
If you’re looking for healthy summer snacks that your kids will love, here are some tips to consider.
MAKE SNACKS EASY
While there are some amazing recipes for snacks that look like art projects, who has time for that? Instead, look for summer snacks that call for simple ingredients and take only a few minutes to make.
GET KIDS IN THE KITCHEN
Since most snacks don’t require an appliance, making snacks is a great opportunity to get your kids in the kitchen.
When kids make their own snacks, they feel empowered to make their own choices and are ultimately encouraged to make healthy eating habits. It’s also a fun afternoon activity that allows them to get creative.
MAKE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES THE FOCUS
Kids love their snacks so take advantage of that hunger and serve up snacks with fruits and/or vegetables.
STICK WITH SUMMER SNACKS THAT USE REAL FOODS
There’s nothing wrong with crackers, cookies or bars—they’re quick and easy after all—but serving up snacks that are made with real, whole food ingredients will give your kids the vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and healthy fats they need.
ENCOURAGE KIDS TO DRINK WATER
Instead of juice, flavored milk, sports and energy drinks, and other sugary drinks, encourage your kids to drink water to stay hydrated.
If you can’t get them to drink plain water, add slices of strawberries or cucumbers for a hint of flavor.
HEALTHY SUMMER SNACKS FOR KIDS
All of these summer snacks are made with real food ingredients, are kid-friendly and super simple to pull together.
1. Rainbow Fruit Skewers – from Momables
2. Peach Fruit Leather – from Weelicious
3. Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – from Dana White Nutrition
4. Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie – from Super Healthy Kids
5. Healthy Baked Broccoli Tots – from Gimme Delicious
6. Marshmallow Popcorn Balls – from Easy Real Food
7. Homemade Pina Colada Popsicles – from Veggies Don’t Bite
8. Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones – from My Fussy Eater
9. Easy Carrot Hummus – from Yummy Toddler Food
10. Rainbow Fruit Skewers – from Finger Prickin Good
11. Peach and Strawberry Bruschetta – The Cookie Rookie
12. Berry Yogurt Bark – from $5 Dollar Dinners
13. Banana Peanut Butter Bites – from Sugar Bee Crafts
14. Kiwi Fruit Lollipop – from Juicing for Health
15. Healthy “Ice Cream” Sandwiches – from Clean and Scentsible
16. Perfect Rainbow Summer Fruit Salad from Creative Healthy Family
17. Sweet Potato and Carrot Tots – from Skinnytaste
18. Honey Vanilla Cottage Cheese Fruit Dip – from Budget Bytes
19. Easy No-Bake Granola Bars from Cookie + Kate
20. Avocado Chocolate Mousse With Summer Fruit – from How Sweet Eats
21. Crispy Avocado Fries – from Marisa Moore
22. Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas – from JoyFoodSunshine
23. Healthy Fruit Pizza – Holley Grainger
24. Summer Fruit Spring Rolls – from Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking
25. Green Nice Cream – from Weelicious